Highlights and Goals - Tottenham vs Liverpool in the English Premier League
The match between Tottenham and Liverpool in the current 2023-2024 English Premier League season ended with a devastating 2-1 defeat for Liverpool, who boasts the Egyptian star Mohamed Salah.
Here are the key points and goals from the match:
1. Son Heung-min scored the first goal for Tottenham in the 36th minute of the game.
2. Cody Jacobo equalized for Liverpool in the 45th minute of the match.
3. In the last minute of the game, Joel Matip scored an own goal, giving Tottenham the winning goal.
4. Curtis Jones, a Liverpool player, received a red card in the 26th minute of the match, while Diogo Jota was also sent off with a red card in the 69th minute.
5. Lewis Diaz scored a goal assisted by Mohamed Salah, but it was disallowed by the referee in the 34th minute due to offside.
6. Mohamed Salah played as a starter for Liverpool and received a yellow card in the 65th minute before being substituted in the 74th minute, with Trent Alexander-Arnold replacing him.
7. Liverpool currently sits in fourth place in the English Premier League standings with 16 points, trailing three points behind the league leaders Manchester City, who have 18 points. Meanwhile, Tottenham occupies second place with 17 points.
Liverpool: Alisson (goalkeeper), Joe Gomez, Joel Matip, Andrew Robertson, Virgil van Dijk (defenders), Curtis Jones, Mac Alister, Dominic Soboslai (midfielders), Mohamed Salah, Cody Jacobo, Lewis Diaz (forwards).
Tottenham: Vycario (goalkeeper), Boro, Van Dijk, Romero, Oduji (defenders), Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison (midfielders), Son Heung-min, Richarlison, Kolosovski (forwards).
In other news, Liverpool secured their spot in the round of 16 in the English League Cup with an exciting 3-1 victory over Leicester City last Wednesday at Anfield Stadium in the third round of the tournament.
Tottenham, on the other hand, continued their unbeaten run since September 2nd, with a 5-2 win against Burnley, a 2-1 victory against Sheffield United, and a 2-2 draw in the North London derby against Arsenal.