"Kellogg's: A Century of Delicious and Nutritious Breakfasts and Snacks"
Kellogg's is a multinational food manufacturing company that has been in business for over 100 years. The company is known for its wide range of breakfast cereals, snacks, and convenience foods. In this article, we'll take a closer look at Kellogg's and its products.
1. History of Kellogg's:
Kellogg's was founded in 1906 by Will Keith Kellogg and his brother John Harvey Kellogg. The company started as a health food company, but soon expanded into the breakfast cereal market. Kellogg's became a household name in the 1920s with the introduction of its flagship product, Kellogg's Corn Flakes.
2. Kellogg's Products:
Kellogg's offers a wide range of products, including breakfast cereals, snacks, and convenience foods. Some of the most popular Kellogg's products include:
- Kellogg's Corn Flakes: This is the company's flagship product and is made from toasted corn flakes. It is a popular breakfast cereal that is low in sugar and high in fiber.
- Special K: This is a range of breakfast cereals that are marketed as a weight loss product. The cereals are low in calories and high in protein.
- Rice Krispies: This is a breakfast cereal made from rice that is toasted and puffed. It is known for its distinctive snap, crackle, and pop sound when milk is added.
- Pop-Tarts: This is a range of toaster pastries that are filled with fruit jam or chocolate. They are a popular breakfast food in the United States.
- Pringles: This is a range of potato chips that are known for their distinctive cylindrical shape. They come in a variety of flavors, including original, sour cream and onion, and barbecue.
3. Kellogg's Sustainability:
Kellogg's is committed to sustainability and has set a number of goals to reduce its environmental impact. The company has pledged to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 65% by 2050 and to use 100% renewable energy in its factories by 2050. Kellogg's is also committed to reducing food waste and has set a goal to reduce food waste in its factories by 50% by 2030.
4. Kellogg's Philanthropy:
Kellogg's is also committed to philanthropy and has a number of programs to support communities around the world. The company has a program called Breakfasts for Better Days, which aims to provide breakfast to children in need. Kellogg's also supports disaster relief efforts and has donated millions of dollars to organizations such as the American Red Cross.
In conclusion, Kellogg's is a multinational food manufacturing company that offers a wide range of products, including breakfast cereals, snacks, and convenience foods. The company is committed to sustainability and philanthropy and has set a number of goals to reduce its environmental impact and support communities around the world. Whether you're looking for a healthy breakfast cereal or a tasty snack, Kellogg's has something for everyone.